Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm Addicted To....


I couldn't figure it out at first but thought I would give it another try so I could try and find some good ideas for the baby room and now I'm addicted to everything on there!!!
I am loving all the new recipes I am getting off of there to try!
Here is one I tried last night!
Chocolate Granola Bars
Here’s what you need:
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup local honey
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup oats (not quick oats)
2 tablespoons wheat germ
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup chocolate chips (Mini work best, but it doesn’t really matter.)
What to do:
1. Melt the butter, peanut butter and honey in a pot over medium to low heat, stirring constantly. Turn off the burner when melted.
2. Pour in the cup of oats and the wheat germ. Stir til combined.
3. Wait til it cools and stir in the coconut and chocolate chips. Or, if you’re impatient with things like this, like I am, go ahead and dump it all right in. The result will be a more uniform chocolate taste.
4. Pour into foil-lined 8 X 8 pan and stick in the fridge or freezer to cool.
5. Once cooled, flip out (the bars….not you) onto cutting board and cut to the size you like.
Note:
I did not use the wheat germ or coconut, instead I used more oats
I am also storing them in the fridge b/c they are not hard granola bars but more soft, so I have individually wrapped them and put them in a storage bag in the fridge
They are so good and taste alot like no bake cookies!

1 comment:

the irelands said...

yes it's quite addicting...I think I'm following you! the granola bars look great!