Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Before & After...Loving it!

One of my projects for the mudroom was to paint this ugly cabinet!
I took the doors off and Scott took the shelf out (with a saw and taking a hammer to it) and bought 2 baskets from IKEA to put in it.
It's a great piece of furniture, just not the color i would have chosen.

I love to lurk on blogs and found a great one here.
There I found a lot of Sherwin Williams paint colors that I love and that look great on furniture!
Here is the finished product!

I love it!
The color:
Halcyon Green by Sherwin Williams

Now I just need to get some accessories for on top of the cabinet and finish-up a couple more things in the mudroom and finally post pictures!




7 comments:

Created Amiably said...

Looks great you should like it up to a link party!

WalkerBunch06 said...

LOVE the new color, style of the cabinet and the hardware is LOVELY! Nice job!!!

Sara said...

like it...can't wait to see all the pics!!

Sarah @ Sarahndipities said...

Love the color!! The baskets are awesome, too! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

It is so pretty! What a gorgeous color you used. I love it! Wonderful risk! :)

Ches said...

Love this color and those baskets are great. Where did you purchase those?

Jenny said...

What a great piece! I love the color and the interest that the baskets give to it. Nicely done. :-)